SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
angieszen

Sophie's Choice - faucet center sink not - with pics - help!

angieszen
13 years ago

I have a small weird sized kitchen. Currently the sink is centered with garden window in front, d/w on left, 24 inch cab on right.

New kitchen will get a counter/base cabinet added where there is none right now - under a different window to the left of sink counter. To make room for that d/w must slide 4-5 inches to the right - to keep sink centered I must get a smaller sink. Smaller than my current 30 inches? With two small boys in the house? I think not. (two words: "cookie sheet"?)

SO...

Here is my dilemma...

My designer is proposing installing a 30 inch sink but the extra space of the sink would end up on the right side of center - so it would be off by a few inches - but faucet will be centered. This also kills my 24 inch cabs on either side of sink so now the R cab is smaller (18 inches) than the d/w with panel (24inches)

OR

I can keep 24 inches on either side - centered sink, same sized cabs R and L of sink - but cut back newly added counter to 20 inches. Smaller counter I can live with but in doing that we lose Magic Corner and about 4 inches depth in drawers and base cabs there.

So my question to you experts out there..what would you do? Also, if any of you have an off center sink with on center faucets would you please share? Thanks so much!!

I am attaching link to my kitchen and plans with each scenario.

Here is a link that might be useful: amacs kitchen

Comments (11)