SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
butterunner

Single guy, who is desperate for window treatment advice!!

butterunner
13 years ago

Hi,

I am a single guy who purchased his first home last year and I am not sure what I got myself into! I purchased this house with the intent that my girlfriend and her daughter were going to live here, but that fell apart at the last minute.

So my expert on all things decorating is gone and after dwelling on it for the good part of a year, it is time to move forward.

My mother helped me quite a bit on buying furniture, but she lives out of state, so it is hard to bounce ideas off of her.

I need help on everything, but I am desperate on making window treatment decisions. I have a sister who lives in Dublin with her husband and infant daughter and they are going to visit me before they travel down to my parents home for Christmas.

The "guest bedroom" has privacy, so it was not a huge priority to get treatments, other then if people wanted to sleep in. That room and my room are north facing, so light isn't a big issue.

Light will be an issue for a four-month old and parents who are dealing with jet lag, so I need to make a decision.

I put descriptions on all of the photos, but it seems as if I could write a novel on each one, so where do I stop!

My neighborhood has many homes with wooden blinds, so I wanted to mix mine up a bit.

The interior paint is all grayish, so I know at some point I will need to make decisions on different colors for different rooms. Probably should pick the paint before the window treatments, but that will probably be put off as well!

Natural, cellular, wooden blinds. Drapes, rods. Roman shades, hobbled or flat. Room darkening vs. light filtering. Inside mount vs. Outside mount. Argh!!!!

My head is about to explode!!

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Here is a link that might be useful: House Photos

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!