SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jenn_cassie

Desperately need help with master bedroom paint color!!

Jenn Cassie
12 years ago

This is my first posting to this site, but I've been coming across it so much during my Internet searches for the perfect paint color, so I finally figured I should just ask you all for your opinion!

We are so beyond frustrated trying to figure out a paint color for our master bedroom. We want to redo it completely, and have an idea about the colors we want to use for furniture, linens, etc, but the paint color is the hold up. We've tried about 10 different neutral beige shades, but so far nothing is grabbing us as the "right" one. The duvet we're grooving on is the Blooma print from Garnet Hill, and we are also buying secondhand a bright yellow linen cabinet made by Ikea (check out the link below for a picture). Our dresser is white, and our bed will be white as well. We'll probably go ahead and do white nightstands too, although possibly we'll do wood ones just to mix it up.

Anyway, the yellow cabinet is what is throwing us off. Would a yellow piece of furniture look right against a bright neutral like BM Putnam Ivory? I worry it will get washed out and sort of lost on the wall!

I should also mention that the room has only one window that faces west. I wouldn't say it's *dark*, but it definitely doesn't get a lot of light.

So looking forward to your input!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Yellow cabinet

Comments (16)