SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19691726

So angry at my cats right now! Help!

User
15 years ago

Yesterday the rug I had ordered for my home office arrived, and I was so excited to see it -- couldn't wait to get it in place, and when I did, I was very pleased! It's an Indian rug in the "Ghashghaei" style, very bold tribal/graphic design, 100% hand-tufted wool. It didn't cost a fortune, in fact was quite affordable, but that doesn't stop me from being so angry about what my idiot cats have done to it since it got put into place.

Yesterday DH noticed that there were some little tufts pulled up here and there, and it quickly became apparent that one or more of the cats has decided that the rug makes a fine scratching post. Mind you, none of them have ever been really bad when it comes to scratching inappropriately. Too, they have scratching posts around the house that are there for them to use. There's something about this rug though, apparently, that entices them to claw the holy @#%* out of it. I just got done vacuuming up a ton of tiny little wool "balls" that they've pulled from it.

When I came downstairs today, I noticed that something smelled terrible towards the front of the house, and when I walked into the office, I saw that "someone" has apparently also decided that the rug makes fine toilet paper, because they dragged their arse across it in order to rid themselves of a big ol' clingon. (Pardon me for being so disgusting -- but believe me, it was much worse in person!) I cleaned up the poo itself, and then set about trying to eradicate the freakin' stain it had left -- and of course it had to be on one of the lightest areas of the rug. The rug is still drying in that spot, so I'm not sure if there will be a permanent reminder or not.

Anyway, I'm really ticked off at these cats. I know, I know -- they're animals, they can't help it. That doesn't change the fact that I'm really starting to feel like I can never have or keep anything nice, thanks to them. As they're going to be in an out of this room constantly (their litterboxes are located in here, although definitely not on or even really near the rug), I'm going to have to either figure out some way to make them behave -- especially when it comes to continued scratching. Does anyone have any ideas?

I hate being angry at my pets. But I really am right now.

Comments (42)