SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cosmocat_gw

sheeeeee's back! island layout help.....

cosmocat
12 years ago

Me again. And again. Now I need some layout help so Mr. Cabinet Designer dude can't take creative license.

My story:

Now that I've decided on an island, I'm going through my inspiration pics and trying to come up with a functional island, that allows "rear-end perching", and doesn't intrude into the aisleway in front of the fridge. And trying to configure the fridge wall which would also house a speed cook MW. Pretty.

My inspiration pics, I do truly apologize if one of these is your kitchen - I was just copying ideas I had liked from a variety of websites and was making a folder for my contractor/cabinet designer so I never copied down who it belonged to (for shame). Some of these would be nice to see the other wall of the kitchen tho. Google works nicely for these ideas!

Dang!...where did this peninsula/island combo come from?

Idea #2

Idea #2, fridge wall

Idea #3 -not the color - just the layout (cubby hole above fridge)

Idea #4...Oh, looky here, a pic done by rhome 3 years ago! Google is a wonderful thing!

Idea #5 - view 1 of white kitchen with black iron stool chairs

Idea #5 View 2 of white kitchen with black iron stool chairs

And rhome's lovely design, unfortunately, not glass cabinets on the right there, and not wrap cabinets on the left.

Playing with the idea of a range or cooktop, but if I do a cooktop I'll need a place for an oven. Thinking too about DW drawers to save a few inches there. MW would be a speed oven.

Now my kitchen.

Questions:

Island size? Island style?-what will fit in this kitchen. Noticing of course that I don't have any inspiration pics of end of island seating. Getting too tired tonight to look. Fridge wall layout ideas?

Ideas/comments/are you done yet? thoughts welcome. ;-)

Want to read the peninsula/island debate and past info:

Here is a link that might be useful: Previous Discussions and Ramblings

Comments (32)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!