SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jenniferpa

Great room paint color suggestions, painter coming this week!

jenniferPA
11 years ago

So I have had 2 years to think about what color to paint our two story great room, and now that the painter just called to say he can come this week, I would like any help I can get to make sure I get this right! We usually paint everything ourselves, but the height of this room makes it pretty impossible. So I would like a color that I will like for years to come.

I will attach photos, but to describe colors in the room...the TV wall we have a large light wood cabinet that looks gold in most light. Pretty neutral upholstered furniture, with some greens/blues/rust. "Dusk blue" Pottery Barn drapes, which are a deep gray/blue. Artwork over the fireplace with greens/blues, some teal accents in the room. Lots of windows and light.

The wall behind the TV cabinet we painted in SW Hopsack. At one point I had considered going dark with the room, but will most likely have the painter paint over that with the chosen color.

I have considered Kilim Beige, which I'm sure would be a pretty safe bet. Also thought of SW Comfort Gray, but it looks pretty blue on the walls and I am worried I would tire of that. I love photos of the light grays, but wonder if that would clash with the gold-ish cabinet. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Comments (34)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!