SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
francoise47

Traditional pinch pleat vs. Euro/tailored pleat drapes

francoise47
10 years ago

Hi All,

I'm about to push the button and order new drapes for my dining room and throught I'd "crowd source" GW for a few details.

I've picked a Robert Allen linen fabric called "Winding Leaves" in lapis. You can see a little sample hanging in the window. I have grass weave roller shades that will stay for privacy. The old RH Silver Sage drapes you see in the photo are depressing me and will be replaced by the new drapes.

My question is, should I have the drapes made with a traditional 4 inch pinch pleat, or a tailored/euro pleat that pleats/falls from the top?

I am about 75% sure I want the tailored pleat because it seems less fussy. DH also likes it. But perhaps the 4" pinch pleat looks better with such a femme fabric? I'd love to hear your thoughts on pinch pleat vs. tailored pleat drapes.

If you also want to chime in on whether or not to privacy line the drapes feel free. I am leaning toward lining, even through with the beautiful "hand" of this linen one could make an argument for not lining.

My dining room with existing drapes:

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Here is the fabric I'll use (this is from a blog) made up into pinch pleat drapes. This is not my house or my drapes.
{{!gwi}}
{{!gwi}}

Thanks very much any and all advice. (This is my first foray into the couture world of pleated drapes. Up to now I've always had off-the-rack rod-pocket drapes or drapes on clips.)

Comments (14)