SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anele_gw

Floor Plan: Does this look right?

anele_gw
9 years ago

I realized that my living room doesn't want furniture in it. Sunroom has several windows (this is the view looking into the SR); only two windows in the actual LR. It's so dark, so nothing should block the windows. So many entrances. So awkward.

I have been struggling for 2 long years with my living room floor plan. I suppose I am glad for the carpet only because it's made moving things around (again and again and again) easier-- but I can't wait to get rid of it and refinish the h/w, though I am still lost re: rug placement.

So, here it is. Sad to say, I had to move my beloved and very comfortable (and large) wing chair out because it just doesn't seem to work in there . . .and I don't think I have a place for it anywhere else in the house.

Chairs by the little tables and Bouillotte lamps are not so comfy. :( Just OK. But, I looked for a long time for ones that were petite and would be relatively easy to slipcover. These don't block the view of the window.

It is nowhere near done in terms of color, accessories, art, etc. but I am looking for opinions re: the layout. Fireplace should be ignored! BUT, know that, to the left of the fireplace there is an entrance . . .chairs CANNOT flank fireplace! No furniture can flank the fireplace!

What do you think? Do I leave it alone now and stop moving things?

This post was edited by anele on Fri, Nov 7, 14 at 15:02

Comments (35)