SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
javamom66

Topmount stainless sink on stone counters -- big mistake?

Trish
11 years ago

I'm learning so much from this forum! Thanks to everyone for so graciously sharing experience, expertise and opinions.

Struggling with sink selection! We would really like to have Caesarstone for our kitchen counter but I am concerned about chipping, especially in the sink area. I am thinking about a bullnose for the edges, but don't think that would look right or work well with an undermount sink.

How horrible would it be to install a topmount stainless sink on a quartz counter? I've found some really great looking modern sinks, but they are too large for our space and much more than we are hoping to spend on this facelift. I like some IKEA options that are definitely in the right price range, but not sure about the aesthetics.

Photos of Topmount SS Sinks:

{{!gwi}}

Eclectic Kitchen design by Phoenix General Contractor Hillis Bolte Luxury Builders

Tropical Kitchen design by Other Metros Home Staging Just Perfect! Home Staging + More

Tropical Kitchen design by Hawaii Kitchen And Bath Tervola Designs

Another Option:

I've noticed that some of the older style sinks are deep with a significant lip:

Wondering if this would work as an updated take on that type of sink:

This is NOT our dream kitchen or house (we were lucky to be able to do that in our last home), so while I do want to like the changes we are making, we are thinking about resale as well and want to make selections with somewhat wide appeal.

All thoughts/opinions most welcome!

Comments (28)