SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marisany

Which light fixture is better scaled to my room?

marisany
14 years ago

We're in the final stages of a mudroom/powder room/pantry renovation, and I need to buy a light fixture for the mudroom/pantry space. It is about 8.5' x 7.5 feet, with 8' ceilings. There will be a 2' x 3' pantry/cleaning closet cabinet in one corner, and some built-in upper cabinets/cubbies/bench along one wall. All cabinetry will be white and traditional (the house is a 1931 Colonial). The floor is brown/grey ceramic tile with red undertones, and the walls will be BM Gerbera Daisy (peach).

I am thinking of two Murray Feiss fixtures; they are similar, but one is larger than the other. The larger one hangs down about a foot, and I am not sure whether that is too much in an 8' high room. It is also more contemporary looking than the smaller one; I'd prefer a traditional look. I would be grateful for any opinions on which would be better in the room, or suggestions for other fixtures.

One is linked below, and the other is this one:

http://www.lightingdirect.com/murray-feiss-mf-sf240o-traditional-classic-two-light-semi-flush-from-the-barrington-collection/p544112

Here is a link that might be useful: Murray Feiss ceiling fixture

Comments (7)