SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
theresse_gw

How embarrassing... NOW is wall faucet too low? (blush)

theresse
13 years ago

I'm so embarrassed that I'm so needy of you guys/gals. Thank you so much for all you continue to do to help this newbie-to-remodeling help me work out all these ridiculous little details!

I was concerned our farm sink was too low prior to installing the countertop, and I was concerned the countertop would also be too thick since the thinner it is, the more period-appropriate (1913). So I asked my contractor to raise the sink about an inch and to make sure the countertop would in the end sit over the undermounted sink at only 1" thickness.

He did this - albeit the countertop hasn't gone in yet. It all looks/feels much better to me. Only problem is that now those pipe thingies sticking out to show where the wall faucet will go, seem to indicate that the faucet will sit too low. I'm concerned w/ both function (will one's hands hit the countertop when turning the levers to the low vertical position?), as well as how awkwardly low it might actually look.

Keeping in mind that the 1"-high countertop hasn't even been installed yet, can you get an idea from the pics whether or not you think the wall should be opened up again and the faucet raised up a bit? What a pain! This would probably be a couple of hours for the plumber, my contractor told me - so a couple of hundred more dollars.

Thank you.

Here is a link that might be useful: Does location of faucet (see in wall) need to be raised?

Comments (14)