SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

Window treatments for privacy in bedroom

Sueb20
14 years ago

I can't believe I haven't come up with a solution to this problem but there must be something I'm not thinking of! Some of our bedroom windows face my next-door neighbor's house, which is very close. He is elderly and I'm sure he's not trying to peer in my windows, but who knows who will move in there when he's gone! Currently I have just plain sheers on the windows, which are OK but don't seem quite "private" enough. So I decided I wanted wood blinds. Went to measure the windows and it was then that I remembered why I didn't have shades or blinds already -- there is no space to mount them (inside mount). The interior part where you'd hang a roller shade or blind is not even 1" deep! So I can't mount anything within the window frame, and I really just don't like the look of outside-mount shades or blinds. What else can I do? I have 2 windows side by side on one wall, and 2 windows side by side on another wall, and then another window by itself on the other side of the room. Maybe I just need to add more sheers to what I already have so they're "less sheer" but I'm thinking there may be another solution I'm not thinking of. I used to have regular drapes on clip rings that I just opened and closed each day, but I'm not thrilled with that option either. Any ideas?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES