SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_16647

Cabinet Skins, Can I get your opinions please?

User
14 years ago

The GC and his "helper" (who I'm not real comfortable with) were here today to work on some of the last details of our master bath remodel. Fixtures and cabinet skins. Our GC did the skin for the bigger linen cabinet, but had his "helper" do the side of the vainity that is next to where the toilet is going. Point being, the only one who will see this skin is the person sitting down. :c)

All the same, it wasn't free, and I want it to look nice. The linen one looks good. Of course the panels are a different thickness than the slot they go in, but our GC worked it out, looks great.

But after they left, I looked at the panel his "helper" did and was not pleased at all. Because of a grout issue with the tile, the GC is way behind on completing the job. I know if I say I want it fixed, I'm sure to hear some complaining, but HD over ordered skins for our project and we have a spare. He's told me his "helper" is a rough carpenter not a finish carpenter so he probably should have done that part himself. Looking at the picture, do you think it's unreasonable for me to insist it be changed? He's coming here tomorrow afternoon without any help. The spot is hard to photo but the skin has 5 nail holes, 2 on the side by the wall and 3 on the other. It isn't even flat onto the surface and looks like he cut it wrong, then forced it in to fit. Parts of it are actually warped looking. The nail holes though were what really got my gander up, I thought skins were only supposed to be glued and there should not be any nail holes in the cabinet at all. Is that right? All opinions and feedback are welcome and appreciated - Thanks in advance -- Lukki

{{!gwi}}

Comments (5)