SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
momto4boys_gw

advice on refridgerators needed :)

16 years ago

Hey everyone. Hope y'all have a great Thanksgiving :)

We're in the market for a new refridgerator. Our current one was having a terrible leaking problem. Water constantly coming into the fridge, from the freezer. We were mopping up water non stop. Throwing out groceries daily.

Well, this is only about a 5 yr old, Kenmoore fridge that we got from DH's parents when they moved across country, and didn't want to bother moving it.

Dh was telling his parents the other day, and they told us to go look for something under $1,000..and they'd buy it for us for Christmas.

We're wanting white, and something that offers water. Our current one has the water that comes from the inside. The kids love being able to help themselves all day. So, we thought a side by side, with the water/ice on the door. But, I'm reading those are the most problamatic.

I love the bottom freezer ones, but most are too $$ and I'm not finding any that offer water.

Any advice on brands or styles would be appreciated! I want another Kenmoore, because that's what our stove and dishwasher are. Dh wants a Maytag he saw at Homedepot.

Oh, and I should add that last night we finally googled the problem with our current fridge. Took the whole thing apart, and fixed it :) :) BUT, we still want a new one, lol. Ours isn't very big, and we'd love to have it in the garage for extra storage. With four growing boys, my fridge is always packed. An extra one for drinks, milk, left overs, etc would be great.

Thanks!!!

Comments (18)