SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
catlover5

Small cottage kitchen update . . . cab hardware help

catlover5
11 years ago

Hello all and thank you. I think I would be lost without this site and your comments - good and bad! We are finally moving along. I chose BM Saybrook Sage and the kitchen walls were fixed, replastered and painted - it looks beautiful, almost too nice to fill with cabs, and the 1940s pine floor that we discovered under ceramic tile, wonderboard and masonite was sanded and sealed. It had a lot of stains and some termite damage. We were told going in that not all the stains would come out and they didn't but we were willing to give it a try. I have cats with claws and a 125 lb dog with thick claws so nothing stays perfect in our home. DH loves the floor (he never wanted a wood floor in the kitchen) and I like it. I wanted to match the dining room oak floors but knew that wasn't going to be possible.

So the next thing to do is to install the cabs. Still haven't decided on the granite yet and/or backsplash. DH wants dark, I wanted light. Was considering NVG or Giallo Ornamental but they don't look so hot next to the green walls unless it is the particular samples I have. The Pavao green looks very nice but maybe now I would consider some sort of black. We were considering using the granite as a BS to avoid yet another decision to be made but I was also considering a wood countertop but with the wood floor now, it may be too much.

I have a shiny chrome bridge faucet and am looking for a white single bowl sink for my 27 inch sink base.

So now I am looking for thoughts on cab hardware. I know I want glass knobs on the wall cabs but was consdering some cute cat knobs on the sink base, plain round knobs on the corner cab and full height door and a cup pull on drawer 1 of my 4 drawer base and pulls on drawers 2, 3 and 4. Too much for my tiny kitchen? I only have 4 base cabs and 7 wall cabs and this is 5 different styles of hardware. It would be in the same color. Do people use a cup pull and handles on their drawer bases?

Thank you!

Comments (12)

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner