SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
terilee_gw

Help! My Granite Slab is Gone! Photos were Taken.

terilee
13 years ago

Thanks to everyone on the Forum who talked about taking a camera to the granite yard. I did and took photos of the 3 slabs being held for me. I would need 2.5 slabs according to the salesman. I told him #1 is perfect, #2 is ok, but the top of #3 is a NO NO so let's pass on that and use the bottom of that slab. Today I get the template layout and #1 is gone! Not there at all. Evidently they only needed two slabs...and they used all of #2 and all of the least desireable #3. Boy,oh Boy,am I glad I took photos so I could figure out what happened. I could match the slabs and figured out which one was missing. I learned on the Forum to take photos of the granite! I've already emailed the salesman told him #1 was missing and I really hoped he could find it as it was part of my master plan...whereas the upper part of #3 was not and that I was certain he remembered our conversation!(Apparently not!)I have already paid my 65% deposit on the job. What rights do I have? Please advise...as to what you've done when your slab has gone missing!

Comments (20)