SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ratrem

Help me decide!! Granite slab choice

ratrem
12 years ago

These are two from the same lot. Our cabs are shiloh white inset, polar white which is the middle white choice but pretty bright. Floor are clear grade maple. Floor plan is open into living room and dining room 1920's house. We will not have any uppers over the granite either, just tall pullouts opposite and a pantry. Will do some open shelving on one side.

Option 1: not as dramatic a bit more soothing, does not have as much as the orange/brown "rust like" spots, it:

option 2: I love the white dramatic veining on top, but I am not as fond of the orange/brown spots and it seems a bit more dramatic. (not necessarily a bad thing), and not as nuetral.

I have until tomorrow to decide. The original look I wanted was the classic white inset with marble like quartzite. We did find some mcaubus but would need 2 slabs so it was too much money. This is also a quartzite, and more expensive per sq. ft, but the slab is larger and we would only need one, so it comes out cheaper (this is what I told my hubby).

The lighting is a bit different for each photo and the top one does have some of the white veining on top just not as dramatic.

Comments (23)