SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
avp1234_gw

Finally getting granite for my kitchen! Help me decide

avp1234
12 years ago

When we originally built, granite was out of our price range so we went ahead with the formica included in the builders estimate. I've looked forever and we are going to pick it out Friday. The pics are not the best quality, spur of the moment taken with my phone, but I tried to show my backsplash and cabinets the best I could. I have a small kitchen, so even though the black, the darker colors etc. are pretty, I don't think it's for me. I'm looking more at Santa Cecilia, Giallo Ornamental, Kashmir Gold, Venetian Gold, and a few others. I've also looked at edges. What do you think would look best with my cabinet style? I thought about putting ogee on the peninsula, and something different on the counters, but I don't know about that. I like bullnose, but I've read on here is looks thin when installed. Also, what do you think about a curve on the peninsula? The person we are going with said it wouldn't be a problem to do something like that. Like I said, my kitchen is small, so I'm considering that too. Please ignore the "stuff" I pushed aside on the counters, as I was trying to let you get an idea of the backsplash and cabinets. I do tend to stay somewhat neutral, but I can't wait to get rid of the solid beige countertop! Any advice is greatly appreciated. Hope the pics attach!

Here is a link that might be useful: countertops

Comments (5)