SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

Guest Room Bed Dilemma!

lynninnewmexico
10 years ago

For the past 5 years or so, I've had a daybed in our guest room with a separate trundle for overnight guests. But, I've come to HATE the daybed! It is never used as a sofa, as it's too high, although the cover and back pillows make it comfortable and practical enough. Also, our adult son dislikes sleeping on it because he bumps his head and arms on the oak back and sides

I've originally thought that a sofa bed might work better, but it won't in this particular room, which has 5 walls (long story). The room also acts as my study the majority of the time. I have a very comfortable, great looking leather easy chair, end table with a good reading light that I use if I'm not working at my (large oak roll-top ) desk.

What I'm thinking might be the best possible solution is to get rid of the day bed and buy one of these higher-end inflatable beds, such as this one that I saw in Frontgate's catalog:

It would easily store in the guest room's walk-in closet. It inflates in less than 3 minutes; has a steel frame and 16 legs for extra sturdiness and stability; has an 8 1/2-inch mattress ~ that I'd add a good quality mattress topper to it for extra comfort; and, it's high enough off the ground to be comfortable and practical. The newest model also comes with a "quiet, constant comfort pump" to keep the mattress inflated properly. Here's a link to the Frongate site for it with more details, if you'd like more info:
"Frontgate's EZ Inflatable Guest Bed"

Questions:
1) the bed has superior customer ratings but have you slept on one or do you own one? How was it?

2) is the constant comfort pump quiet enough not to disturb sleep or do you turn it off at night?

*Any more info or opinions would be a great help! We're expecting our son and his girlfriend home here for Christmas and I'd love to have a better sleeping situation for them by then.
Thanks!
Lynn

Comments (9)