SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20104582

Need a shoulder...and some sink advice

User
12 years ago

As an avid lurker and occasional poster, I have researched obsessively on each step of our remodel. We are taking a smallish dated oak kitchen and doing a pretty overall facelift. After hours ( and hours and hours) of looking at the beautiful kitchens here, we decided to move forward with a change to a dark floor and white cabinetry...and yes bianco antico granite. I actually think it was the granite that led me here, oh so many months ago.

Since this post could be miles long, suffice it to say our process has been bumpy....really bumpy...okay, sort of nightmare. We found a designer and contractor that we really liked and they represent a custom line of cabinetry built by the amish. When we began the process we didn't really know that we would end up with white cabinetry and as that decision evolved, we should have probably rethought the cabinet maker. They are a lovely solid maple cabinet...again, long story, but not sure if amish painted cabinets was the right choice. In the end I think they will be beautiful, but the process has been loooong. ( sort of like this post, right?)

So we are finally in the home stretch...cabinets have been set and granite slabs found (love them :). We ordered our blanco silgranit super single sink in cafe brown (i know...i told you i was an AVID lurker) and it came cracked...twice. The granite fabricator was able to measure and template using the first sink, but now the second sink came cracked and i am just sick! The worst news is that they are backordered by Blanco now until mid August...not sure when I would have it...Home and stone said to plan on Sept and hope for sooner.

I have called every plumbing house, big box store and even the Blanco rep for my territory trying to find one. I am a little woried about trying another online retailer ( the cracked sinks came from quality bath - they have been great to work with, but unfortunately they can't locate another

sink)

I see that homeperfect may have it but am worried about another one shipping cracked. The only other place i see it in stock is at blanco to go and a couple others that I haven't heard of. I already have two to ship back! Please tell me that it will be worth this trouble and once installed I can rest easy!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! And thank you so much for such an awesome forum where we can learn so much and also vent! Even though our project has seemed to have a black cloud over it, I am so grateful for all the amazing advice that people here are willing to share and the constant support!

Comments (16)