SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kaismom_gw

Where do you keep your garbage, compost and recycle?

kaismom
13 years ago

Kitchen rubbish has become extremely complicated in our household. We need a recyle bin for paper, cans, and plastic. We need compost collection for the back yard that only has clean vegies and fruit. We also have a compost collection for the city that has meat, bread, cheese, used napkins/paper towel, and other cooked foods. Then we have the traditional garbage which rarely has anything in it.

I have allowed myself 34 inch sink base that is a pull out (not a cabinet). No garbage disposal. Then I also have an 18 inch pull out to the left of the sink. I can equip all of these with various bins...

What are your thoughts? How should I organize this?

I know that people here do not like garbage under the sink, but I actually have never minded having garbage under the sink. I tend to pull out the garbage/compost and set in on the floor/countertop while I work and use the storage under the sink as a place to "store" the thing when I am done. Not only that, I can't afford to not use 34 inches of prime real estate with something useful like garbage/compost storage. I don't have enough "junk" to use the space under the sink as junk storage....

Comments (7)