SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luvnlife_09

Need opinions on an area rug AGAIN!!

luvnlife_09
14 years ago

Well, I'm back to needing help with my LR area rug. Some of you may remember my question about whether it should be 6x9 or 8x11, and I have settled that to be 8x10 or 8x11, BUT...now which rug??

I need a fresh pair of eyes (several fresh pairs would be great!!)

Here's a link to the former question:

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/decor/msg1023243510139.html

I am thankful for advice from our rug guru "tryin2grow" for pointing out that the rug I thought I wanted really did not work for the space. Also I picked up a runner in that pattern and brought it home and it confirmed her opinion!!

So, here I am with a desperate plea for help with this!! The rug is SO important to the tone and blending of the contents of a LR!!

Here are pics of the LR with the white thing being a sheet for me to get a feel for size. Try to ignore it as it is too small anyway. If these pics don't work for you let me know and tonight I can try to get other shots of the room.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

I've already switched the drapes to something more goldy to match this rug which I have in here in a 5x7--I went ahead and ordered it in 8x10, but can return it if it is just wrong! It's very blendy, but an awesome rich rust color and feels so soft.

{{!gwi}}

This one is another Company C that I think would be real nice, but am scared to order because I have such a small sample, and am not sure it is "right" It matches my pillows real well.

{{!gwi}}

In any case, I know the furniture is bulky and dark and needs something to stand up to it. I'm not horribly traditional, but the first rug I posted, I do like. Just am not sure it is what this room needs. The second one is perfectly colored for the art above the FP and has brown in that is a good blend with the furn. I THOUGHT I wanted an overall patterned rug.....Oh dear.. I don't know WHAT I want any more....Please offer some sanity!!

Thanks for all your help!

Comments (27)