SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jenn_cassie

Need massive help picking dining chairs!!

Jenn Cassie
11 years ago

Okay folks, I have lost enough sleep on this, so I'm ready to beg you wonderful people for help! We recently sold our beautiful dark wood, plank-style Cost Plus World Market table and 6 matching dining chairs because our new house's dining area is round, so it just didn't work in that space. We bought a used oak pedestal table off of Craigslist (see pic). So now we need to get chairs for it, and I am completely stumped! I really don't like the look of oak chairs with an oak table. Too much natural matchy-matchy wood for me, I guess. I should also mention that we have very colorful Fiestaware dishes, and white plantation shutters along the wall. The room is painted a light, warm grey (BM Revere Pewter). We also have 2 kids, so we need chairs that will "wear well." Last thing to mention is that we are planning to redo our kitchen in a few years (the dining room is open to the kitchen), and we will most likely be doing the cabinets in white.

I've considered these chairs, but have NO idea what will look good with this type of traditional-style table:

Ikea Vilmar or Gilbert

Ikea Ingolf

Pottery Barn Isabella

Restoration Hardware Madeleine

Pier 1 Black Ladderback

HELP!!! I have zero vision on this, so I'm open to any and all suggestions!

Comments (10)