SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

Bathtub glass doors... have you seen nice ones?

Sueb20
13 years ago

When I think of glass doors in tubs, I think of the sliding doors with shiny chrome trim that we had in our bathroom when I was growing up. It's still there, in all its rusty glory, in my dad's house. Anyway, we have a problem with water running along the front edge of the bathtub in our kids' bathroom, and the water is destroying the paint on the wall and the tiles are lifting up from the wall as well in that one spot. I have a painter here today and he said he sees this all the time, and the best solution (in his opinion) is a glass door, since the bottom edge of the door prevents the water from coming over the edge of the tub. I have also seen those little plastic water guard things, which we could also try but I'm not sure if that's a complete solution.

If you have a tub door (full size tub, not a shower stall) that you like, can you recommend a brand/manufacturer to look at? And post a picture if you can?

This is a very small bathroom, so even though in general I am not a fan of the glass doors, it would make the room feel bigger.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner