SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tarita_gw

Help, Looking for dark,dark, expresso latex color for cabinets

tarita
14 years ago

Hi Everyone,

We are painting our cabinets espresso brown. Problem is all the colors I find in latex paint are not dark enough. We painted one coat with BM black bean soup and looks chalky, plumy and just not rich enough. Starry night and Turret Stair from RL also don't seem rich enough. I even bought RL Bone black thinking I'll mix it with the brown's but even this color doesnt seem rich enough/deep enough. They look chalky. Essentially, I'm looking for a color as dark as the darkest stains available, I never imagined that it would be so hard otherwise I would have stained from the beginning. My DH started painting without me and the entire kitchen cabinetry has already one coat of primer and one of paint. Thinking about striping or sanding the entire kitchen its a non-option.Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Would it be easier to find this color in oil based paint? Can I paint with oil based paint on top of latex paint? Help please!!! My painting project is delayed until we figure out this problem.

Comments (6)