SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
phoggie_gw

I need your suggestions and recommendations...PLEASE

phoggie
15 years ago

I will start on this forum but maybe should post on "selling"....but anyway here is my problem.

We hope to put this house on the market before too long and we do not live in a "high end" city (population 18,000) although we do have one of the best homes in this city.

When we built his home 7 years ago, we just liked the shiny brass so that is completely throughout the house. We also put marble counter tops (which was a mistake, they etched badly) and to keep the cost down, are considering putting down granite tiles. I do not know the name (nor do I know how to post photos), but it has brown, white, some silver and black in it. My cabinets are cherry with a pecan finish and all my appliances are white (and these will not be changed).

I went looking at facets and cabinet pulls today (thought I would try to spray paint the lights), but can't find anything I really like. I am not fond of the rubbed bronze, but would it look okay to use the stainless steel faucet, pulls, and light if the kitchen is open to the dining room with brass (and we don't plan to replace that...it was rather costly).

I even thought that since the sink and appliances were white, to put in a white faucet and white pulls.....but again, would I be "dating" the house again?

I'd just leave it all alone, but really want to get rid of the etched marble and so might as well replace the brass faucet while I am at it......or should I just sell it "as is"? I really don't think in this rural city that many expect granite and stainless steel and doubt very much if we could recover the costs of doing so....so will not do slab granite.

What are your opinions?...does anyone understand what I have rambled on about? You are such a great knowledgeable group. THANKS~~~

Comments (4)