SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gwfan

4 kitchen floor plans - help me pick one!

gwfan
14 years ago

I would be ever so grateful for any gut reaction/feedback you have on any of these 4 plans. There are pros and cons for each and it's been challenging for me to weigh them against each other.

And now I just saw a posting that is making me consider another layout (that would require moving my sink and d/w), My new kitchen--minus a few details. . .lots of pictures. As everyone else who has commented, love the island.

Anywho, here are my floor plans:

Kitchen Plan 1 - Fridge EAST of Sink:

My concern with this layout is the proximity of the fridge to the french door. Also, the counter space is cut short next to the sink.

{{!gwi}}

Kitchen Floor Plan 2 - Fridge NORTH of Sink:

My #1 concern with this floor plan is with the space that is available (or not) when opening the fridge. Is it too tight for opening? Is it too tight for when someone is cooking and someone else needs to get something out of the fridge? Do I need a prep sink in the island given the distance from the fridge to the sink?

{{!gwi}}

Kitchen Floor Plan 3 - Fridge WEST of Sink:

The concern with this floor plan is that the 18 inch counter between the sink and fridge is insufficient. I would get a larger (non-counter-depth) fridge with this layout.

{{!gwi}}

Kitchen Floor Plan 4 - Stove in Island, Fridge WEST of Sink

This is just like Kitchen Floor Plan 3 except that the stove has now been moved into the island.

{{!gwi}}

Comments (42)