SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
julie1973_gw

How did I do on pricing for cabinets - KM, BH, shiloh???

julie1973
9 years ago

I will have about 42 linear feet of cabs, plus a 6 ft center island. Kitchen is about 21x15. All quotes are for all plywood construction, painted, shaker style, furniture ends, molding, some base drawers, pantry with roll out trays, panel for DW, glass cabs above bar. The Kraftmaid and brookhaven are for full overlay, and the shiloh is inset. I started at HD with KM. It was 19k, not including installation. Next I went to a KD with BH. That came to 28k - not including installation. She quoted 5900 for installation with would bring the total job to about 34k (gulp!). Finally I went to a shiloh dealer and the estimate was 27.5 - including installation, but not including the glass inserts for the cabinets. The shiloh estimate didn't break out the cab cost from the installation so i can't compare exactly apples to apples but I think the shiloh quote seems really good, especially considering they are inset and they include installation. Having never purchased cabinets before, I'd love to hear what others think. Also, what would a reasonable installation price be? Thanks so much!

Comments (8)