SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cbug

Help on end of counter run and pantry door/depth

cbug
13 years ago

My pantry will be 33" wide, double doors with ROTS, and at the end of a run. (Please no grief about the ROTS ladies :) ) The right door will open up to a wall that is 27" deep (so not much past 90 degrees but will have a small scribe). The left door will open to the end of counter run.

My first cabinet place strongly advised a 27" deep pantry vs. the 24" depth.Said the full overlay door would not open as wide as possible as it will hit the counter at end of run.

Makes sense so we were on board. . .

Now we are ready to order (with a different cabinet company and different KD). The KD said its an extra $365.00 to get the extra depth no matter how many inches. She said she almost NEVER does this....her suggestion is to angle the square edge of counter so its not a 90 degree. Thus allowing door to open beyond the 90 degrees.

Need suggestions and experiences on this one.

Will that different edging allow me the extension on the door that I want?

IÂm not crazy about spending that kind of $$ but do want that door to open as much as possible. I like the look of the counter going INTO the side of a frig or pantry.

For what its worth we were going to build out the frig box to 26" or 27" for the look but seing as how all frigÂs stick out a bit beyond that anyhow it may not be worth the money. To do it on the frig was $145.

Comments (6)