SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
boone_2009

Schuler drawer cutlery divider- need quick response

boone_2009
10 years ago

We're having our cabinets installed as I write and to my dismay, the ( wood) cutlery dividers that I ordered for 4 drawers, don't extend the full depth of the drawer - they are removable and end about one and a half inches before the back of the drawer. They just slide back and forth!
I'd assumed they'd be the full depth of each drawer and fit snugly ( like the knife block drawer organizer which is fine).

I tried calling Schuler, reached Elkay and had to leave a msg. Due to time differences, I doubt they'll call back today.

These cutlery dividers look no different from good wooden ones available at stores like Bed, Bath and Beyond - yet we paid a far higher price for them

My installer suggested just attaching double-sided Velcro tape to the sides so they don't slide; but I feel that I should not have to 'make do' .

What do you all think/suggest? Should I return the dividers and get my own? Or if anyone has Schuler cabinetry, do you have the same type of cutlery dividers? It's really weird - I feel that a semi-custom line should have better organizers than something I can pull off the shelves at any store!

Thanks!

Comments (22)