SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wisconsinative

Teeny cabin kitchen redesign advice!

wisconsinative
12 years ago

Hi Everyone,

First time poster - this is the best forum online! Been browsing since we recently purchased a cabin in the Arizona mountains (about 7000 elevation - although not relevant in this particular discussion :-)

We have already removed the drop ceiling, but are going round and round about the new layout. My biggest consideration is having more counter space to cook, not necessarily cabinet space which seems to be workable.

Due to the limitations caused by the doorway and hallway adjacent to the kitchen (there is NOWHERE to go), I am not sure it's possible to have an island (even a very small one) and keep the layout basically the same. I am inclined to think that we will need to go with a U-shaped design and add the extra counter space where the dishwasher currently is and move the dishwasher to the U part, if that makes sense. Or will the U make the working area too tight, and should I just keep the existing layout?

I only have my phone's camera to upload pics - so hopefully they will convey the challenges of the space.

https://picasaweb.google.com/aschroeder/Kitchen?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCL3J-t6ZoafGyQE&feat=directlink

ANY suggestions would be extremely appreciated!!!

Comments (4)