SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wmwalker_gw

Apron Sinks - Pewter Finished Copper ..... ?

wmwalker
12 years ago

I have a SN Rohl Country Faucet with Cross Handles and Side Spray that currently presides over a Kohlar cast iron apron front sink (33x22x9). The faucet is new; the sink, very worn despite its age.

Hardware is an aged pewter -- classic bin pulls on the drawers and mushroom knobs on the cabinets. The cabinetry itself was built on site using, inexplicably in my opinion, European hinges rather than classic barrel hinges. Cabinet doors are inset; drawer fronts, flat. Current finish on the cabinets is a putty grey, and the counters are carrera marble that is worn. The wall color is a soft, warm yellow; trim, a creamy white.

My goal is to update the kitchen rather than start over. To that end I have replaced the old SS d/w, hood and refrigerator with fully integrated units from Miele, Vent-a-Hood and Thermador. Appliance pulls for the d/w and refrigerator are Montana aged iron.

Although I purchased the carbon steel oven and cooktop from Wolf with the intention of replacing the GE Monogram 36" pro style range, making that change is not feasible unless I rip out the island. It is a small kitchen by today's standards.

When I began the project I thought I could live with the sink and the counters. I now realize that both will have to be replaced before the painter tackles the cabinets, walls and trim. I have hired a design consultant to assist in the final selection of colors, but the palate will be white/off-white and a light to medium blue-grey unless the consultant convinces me otherwise.

The question is what to do about the sink. I dislike the white sink, and I am not a fan of SS. While I loved the copper sink I installed in my last house, copper is not an option with the SN Rohl faucet and the pewter hardware.

I have found, however, an affordable copper sink with a pewter finish at VanDykes. Does anyone have that sink or a similar one? If so, what is your experience with the sink.

Also, are there any reasonably priced options I have overlooked? The "reasonably priced" qualifier excludes options such as zinc and nickel.

Thanks in advance for all comments.

Here is the link for the sink: http://www.vandykes.com/product/single-farmhouse-apron-sink/single-farmhouse-apron-sink-pewter

Here is the link for the Montana appliance handles:

http://www.vandykes.com/product/montana-collection-handle-12-boring

Comments (4)