SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kmgard_gw

Anyone have a copper sink from Mr. Direct?

kmgard
10 years ago

I think I might be interested in getting a copper sink if I can find an affordable option. Obviously, I love the look of the high-end brands like Rachiele, but that's just not in our budget. I was settled to go with an undermount stainless or a porcelain apron, but then I found this hammered copper apron sink from Mr. Direct, and the price almost seems too good to be true. The FAQ's tab indicates that there's no lacquer (I'm assuming inside or out), so I understand that it would patina all over. I've read through past posts here regarding copper sinks and Mr. Direct, but I haven't really seen answer to my specific questions:

1) Is it dumb to get a copper sink that doesn't have a factory-finished patina and lacquer on the exterior? Will the natural patina over time look weird/gross on the outside? I understand unfinished copper is desirable on the inside due to the antimicrobial properties, but I'm not sure it's worth "letting go" on the outside.

2) Past posts here have mixed reviews about Mr. Direct (most regarding stainless sinks). Does anyone have experience with their copper sinks? I don't see a source provided so I'm assuming they're imported. (Which is another thing that confuses me - wouldn't they be more expensive if heavy copper has to be transported overseas, or is labor and the metal itself just that much more expensive in the U.S.?)

Thanks!
Katie

Here is a link that might be useful: Mr. Direct Single Bowl Copper Apron Sink

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert