SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hossness

Ticor vs Mr Direct stainless steel sink

hossness
14 years ago

I ordered one of each d-bowl style to compare (Same sized ones). side by side conclusions:

1) I don't have any sexy molecular rulers to measure thickness so i went old school. I picked each one up. Ticor substantially heavier. Tapped on sides with finger. Ticor had deeper heavier sound. Mr Direct had noticeably more tinny sound. Bottoms may be same thickness, hard to tell both have padded bottoms.

2) Both have brushed finish, but Ticor had somewhat finer, more even finish. Perhaps not drastically different, but I was looking for these things.

3) The "Grid" oh the grid. You may not use them but I'm comparing, so here it is: Mr Direct has even sized top and bottom criss-cross bars, making little squares. The grid bars loop around at the sink hole and the grid itself covers most of the bottom of the bowl. Not bad. The Ticor grid bars are heavier on the bottom of the grid (left to right) with finer bars over them (front to back). This is a beautiful effect and the bars are closer together, giving a better base to stand glasses as well as a finer, sleeker appearance. The top bars are neatly cut at sinkhole and i didn't feel any sharp edges playing with it. Also, the sink grid on the Ticor is perfectly shaped covering the entire base of the sink so you don't lose any space. You lose a little with the Mr Direct.

I know that's alot of detail for a sink, but i heard of ticor from people on this website and i appreciate it.

BTW i used galaxy tool as was recommended. I didn't search for cheaper sites, but they do have very good customer service so far. Mr Direct may be good for some, but I'm not a contractor and this is for my place, so i kept the Ticor (obviously).

Hopes this helps someone.

Comments (6)