SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1956_gw

I thought I could pick it but now I have a mental block

annie1956
13 years ago

it was so easy to pick the colors for the master bedroom suite when we reno'd that one a few years back. Two years ago when we gutted the hall bath I knew exactly what I wanted. Painting each of the bedrooms has never been a problem. But now - I'm totally stumped!!! This is just not like me.

So - I need help, suggestions, anything, please. Our kitchen is only 12x20 with the one long wall windows & it is open into the living room which is painted linen (charcoal carpet). So with the "kitchen" part there isn't a whole lot wall to paint. It is our only eating area and is pretty informal, per se. (One big corian table).

The cabinets will be Maple/Auburn Glaze, flooring Biltmore Gray 16x16 porcelin tile & I think River Gold Granite. The backsplash I'm leaning towards the pressed tin - not sure.

I was originally thinking of a wheat color but can't quite come up with a color I like. DH thinks that might be too close to the linen (no go). I'd like some color - but it can't be too bold. Started think about a squash...I'm just stumped. I think because the granite has yellows (have a yellow bath) to pull from and the floor has browns/grays and I don't want dull tans/grays.

thanks!!!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!