SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
les_bailey

Do you Grill on your Range Top?

les_bailey
13 years ago

Am soliciting input from those of you who do some amount of cooking on your range top's grill feature.

What do you like, or not like?

How often do you use it?

How does the quality & flavor compare to outdoor gas grilling?

Any comments welcome !

We are diehard weekend hardwood charcoal people, and do not compare charcoal to gas - so charcoal is discounted in this discussion please. I used to have gas outdoors also, and recall that it was fast - but outdoor setup was pretty high overhead (weather, setup, preheat, moving indoors & outdoors, etc.).

We're building new, and current status is that we're working floorplans & researching phase. We're mid-life DINKs, and I cook while he cleans. Current work schedule dictates that my more involved pleasure cooking be primarily on the weekends, but would like to imagine the occasional fast grilling indoors during the week (see above comment for "high overhead").

While imaging that using the Range Top grilling feature would be fun, fast & healthy, I've never had the opportunity for a grill option, have no idea really HOW one grills indoors, how it tastes, and how often I'd use it. Am considering the moderately priced Monogram or Viking LP tops.

Thanks in advance ! Will post this on Appliances as well.

Comments (12)