SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
petestein1

Griddle vs. Grill on a range... like 'em? How do you use them?

Peter Steinberg
15 years ago

Folks-

I'm in the market for a 48" free-standing range. I'm looking at all the usual suspects (I'll post separately to ask more brand-specific questions) and am definitely going to get either a griddle OR grill... or maybe both. I have a few questions. Answer as many or as few as you like. :)

-- If you have a griddle and/or grill, what brand/model range do you have and what did you get? Griddle? Grill? Both?

-- What do you cook on the griddle or grill?

-- Do you find it gets hot enough? (Please mention your brand) I've heard most grills don;t get hot enough to really be useful and I question the griddles as well.

-- Griddle owners -- do you mostly use it for breakfast foods (eggs, bacon, pancakes) or can you use it like a plancha for meats and shrimp and vegetables? I'd likely use it a lot more like a plancha and doubt it will get hot enough. :-/

-- Same for grill owners. Does it come close to grilling outside? I live in the Northeast so I can only grill a few months a year and the grill is a hike from the kitchen so it's even more limited.

-- Are you happy you got the griddle and/or grill? or do you not really use it the way you had hoped?

-- Anyone have both? Or switched from one to the other? What do you think? What do you miss? While ideally I'd have 6 burners, not 4, I expect I could always use the griddle or grill like a burner in a pinch.

-- Anything else you'd like to let me know?

Apologies if there's a thread covering this -- I looked high and low -- and thanks in advance for all the great info I'm sure I'll get. :)

-Peter

Comments (24)