SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ailene54

What was the reason you started your kitchen?

Ilene Perl
11 years ago

The start of my kitchen was when my DW broke, the self cleaning stopped 6 months before, my cooktop never cooked even, the refrigerator was warm on top but froze on bottom. We wound up at Sears, their Friends and Family day was the next day we ordered new SS appliances, except for DW which I ordered in black thought it went with the old oak cabinets better. I hated the powder blue counter tops so we were going to get new, first I looked at Formica, decided on granite. I wanted a new floor, maybe a BS. Then Hurricane Irene hit, roof damage, and cracking of sheet rock around 5 skylights. I canceled delivery of everything except DW. When looking at granite with my old oak cabinet door I realized I was putting a band aid on something that needed stitches. Money was an issue, we decided to have the cabinets painted thank you GW. Fortunately a contractor that came asked if I liked the style of the doors, I didn't. He knew where I could order new doors, they would tell me what color BM to paint the boxes. I lived in my old house for 20 yrs and hated the kitchen the whole time we lived there. When we decided to buy this house I told DH that the powder blue formica had to go, along with the BS, that was six years ago.....I'm happy with my new kitchen, window treatments were installed today! I will post pictures on Tues, we are going away for the weekend.

Comments (47)