SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sabjimata

One of my favorite things in my new kitchen...only cost 23 cents!

sabjimata
13 years ago

We are DONE, save for an RO faucet, some epoxy and lots of touch up paint. I have been cooking in the kitchen for over a month now, I think.

What is one of my favorite things? The 23 cent white subway tile (American Olean) from Lowes.

With so many decisions to be made regarding so many details, I did not bother to shop around for "the perfect white tile." Twenty-three cents a tile fit the budget, it was white, it's a classic--sold!

Of course, when some of you posted your delicious tile choices, I second guessed myself, but the budget kept me in check.

Why do I love it so much? Well, there is the price...but that wouldn't matter if it didn't look so damn good! We used dark gray grout and it is so freaking classy looking. Plus, it is on the wall of my main sink, which gets a lot of splishing and splashing and splattering. Cleans up sooooo well. Like, ridiculously easy. Smooth. Shiny. White.

I love it. And I don't think anyone would be able to guess how cheap it was. Well, not anyone off this forum at least ;)

(pic linked below...need to switch out cfl's to daylight ones bc the ones in now are too yellow ;)

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (33)