SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
superturbodiesel

My 2 cents on why John Deere LGT's are better than anything else.

superturbodiesel
14 years ago

People... please go and buy a REAL LGT.

I bought a used 1991 John Deere 322 back in 2001. 18Hp, Yanmar 3-cylinder liquid cooled beast. Great on fuel. Came with 50" optional deck (46" standard) and full hydraulics, including power steering, hydraulic lift and hydrostatic tranny.

I had to make a decision between a new top of the line Craftsman or a 10 year old John Deere. After talking to several people as well as using my own judgement based upon my farm upbringing and what I know about JD quality, I went with the Deere. For only $3,500, I got the tractor, 50" mower deck, and a fully-hydraulic front snow blade.

It's the end of 2009 and she's still running strong after all these years and over 2,500 hours. The JD is just plain better in every single way than ANY AYP (Craftsman) or MTD (Cub Cadet, Troy-Bilt, and almost every other name out there).

I will never look back. Anything else is junk. The only thing even remotely close to a John Deere these days is a Kubota, and why support the Japanese? Don't believe me about how good a JD LGT is? Buy one and run it. I guarantee you'll never go back to anything else.

Also, so you aren't disappointed, remember this... the best Deere's ever made were the 300 and 400 series machines. Even the new LGT's that they build nowadays aren't as good, but they still reign supreme over any of the "throw-aways". Avoid the 100 series JD lawn tractors, as they are "throw-aways" as well. They aren't any better than the Craftsman's or Cub Cadet's.

Quit wasting money on the "throw-aways". They just aren't worth it, and you will never be truly happy. Also remember... brand new isn't always better.

Peace out!

Comments (62)

Sponsored