SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

Still surprised when childhood memories influence kitchen design

lavender_lass
11 years ago

I know that memories of my grandmothers' kitchens influence many of my design choices, in the kitchen. Everything from having a table in the kitchen itself, to larger windows (lots of light) and a baking area. But sometimes, I don't even realize a happy memory is influencing my design choices! Does this happen to you?

One of my grandmothers had the prettiest china, in my opinion. At age 7, I was fascinated by the beauty, the detail, the flowers and colors. They were a few plates and a bowl, of old rose china, she found at a garage sale (she always found the best stuff) and I loved them. This is a much nicer version, with a very similar pattern.
{{!gwi}}From Pink kitchen

I loved that china and ended up getting rose patterned dishes (from my grandmother) when I moved into my first house. Still not quite this fancy, but very similar colors and pattern. What's surprising...those darn little blue flowers are the 'shade of blue' I couldn't quite find, for my future countertops! I always like blue, with green and pink...maybe a little purple. Seems I just finally realized why :)

Anyone else have a story to share?

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths