SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
merimom_gw

Please help my SIL find dinner plates like these...

merimom
14 years ago

Does anyone know of a dinner plate that looks similar to this Pottery Barn Emma plate, but that is just a little bit smaller?

My sister and brother in law are doing an addition to include a beautiful white inset kitchen. The cabinets are in, the countertops will be installed soon, all was moving along well until she ran into a problem...The plates she selected several months ago will not fit in her inset cabinets. Ugh!

I am sure those of you with inset cabinets can understand her dilemma...She never dreamed that a fairly basic plate would not fit in her cabinet! She know understands that you lose a little bit of storage space with inset cabinets.

Had she known this in the beginning, she would have had the cabinet maker increase the depth of the 2 cabinets near the sink where she plans to put her plates, bowls, etc. but it is too late that now.

Her DH says "Find new plates", but she hates to do that bc she planned paint and fabric choices around the green color of these plates. She could put the plates in a nearby drawer or in an upper cabinet a little further away from the dishwasher, but neither location would be her first choice to store her dinnerware.

So, I thought I would put this out here to see if any you knowledgeable folks know of a "substitute" plate that might be a little smaller. Pottery Barn's website says the plates are 11" diameter, but my SIL said they are actually a little bit larger than 11".

Any suggestions? Thanks so much!

Here is a link that might be useful: green Emma dinnerware

Comments (10)