SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
airedale4mom

kitchen update-need color help

airedale4mom
14 years ago

This is my 80's kitchen that we're starting to update. Cabinets will be refaced, I like a med. cherry color but not sure whether it will be too dark with the brick floor (it stays). Not sure whether we will get granite or quartz but looking in the medium warm color range. Paint color will depend on our choices on cabinets/counters. Appliances will most likely be black but could go with s/s if needed to brighten the look. The garden window faces mostly north so doesn't get more than a couple of hours of direct sun at an angle.

So far I stripped the old wallpaper off and today we had recessed can lighting installed. We're waiting for the ceiling texture to dry before popping the cans all the way in.

We need to have the floor cleaned and sealed but we're not sure whether to do this before the new appliances are installed. Would the sealer have to dry or cure for a length of time before we could move heavy appliances on it?

I would love any ideas/suggestions as to anything. I've never done anything like this before (updating, definitely not doing it myself.) My husband hates the mess of the update and wants to do this as quickly/cleanly as possible and we are definitely budget conscious.

Here is a link that might be useful: my 80's kitchen

Comments (10)