SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
periwinkle18

Kitchen facelift

periwinkle18
15 years ago

Hello-

I love the layout of my kitchen, but it feels a bit dated now (house built in 1988). Everything works great - subzero fridge (motor replaced 3 years ago), thermador gas cooktop, GE double ovens. I keep thinking that when something breaks, I will do an update, but now we are thinking that a move is imminent and we may put the house on the market within the next year. We are definitely willing to put some money into the kitchen, but our real estate market is soft, and we don't want to put more than $5,000 into it. We would not get a dime out of any investment in a kitchen, but it might make the house sell faster.

Any suggestions for a facelift? The countertops are corian, which I love, but I know they are not 'in'. Walls have wallpaper that is a soft faux paint pattern (there is a very large eat-in area which has the majority of the wallpaper). Floors are functional, but not too attractive porcelain tile. Cabinets are pickled oak, because the hardwoods in the house are a similar color.

Below is a link to a picture of the kitchen...this is a year old, I got rid of the barstools, cleaned up the clutter on the fridge. The fridge and ovens are black.

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions!

- peri

Here is a link that might be useful: Picture of kitchen

Comments (23)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida