SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rach4136_gw

Strange to put wood look flooring next to saltillo-style tile?

rach4136
10 years ago

We currently have this 18 x 18 saltillo style tile in our dining room:

http://shop.tileandstoneexpress.com/Super-Saltillo-Saguaro-12x12-199-SF-MARZ-Saguaro12.htm

I was thinking of running wood-look tile through our galley kitchen but a friend (whose judgement I usually trust) said that she thought it might look strange to put a regular tile next to a wood-look tile. Has anyone done this? If so, would love to see pictures! And if not, any thoughts on whether or not it would look alright?

If you don't think it is a horrible idea, would also love opinions on wood-look tiles (styles and colors) that would go well with our current saltillo-style (link above). The new cabinets will be shaker white inset, the back splash will likely be crackled white subways, and there will be maple butcher block on the sink side of the galley and black, leathered granite on the stove side.

Thank you in advance for any guidance you can offer! I am so ready for this kitchen reno to be over with! Waaaay too many decisions for perfectionist type like me. I have 3 kids ages 4 and under and they need their mommy back!!!

Comments (10)