SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
erinraugustine_gw

Will my refrigerator be too far? Need layout help

erinraugustine
10 years ago

I posted another much lengthier post, but think I missed the mark posing my question......
Is moving my refrigerator 11ft from my stove, and about 16ft from my sink too far?? The fridge would be 6ft from the nearest work counter (there would be counter on either side of the refrigerator, but I doubt I would do any work or prep there, it would be mostly a landing zone). There would be a walkway to the dining room and backdoor access right through the kitchen and through my path to the fridge, but it would give me a larger kitchen and dining area. Thoughts?? ideas??
I am considering moving my refrigerator to a wall that currently houses my eat in kitchen. I would surround the fridge with cabinets and counter. I would be moving my kitchen table to a 'dining room' around the corner that is currently a playroom/family room. I started another question where I was seeking advice on losing a living space if I turned the playroom/family room into my dining space. Please see link to other thread for those details if you don't mind.
http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/kitchbath/msg0617331412022.html?5

Comments (6)