SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scrappy25

Please share your actual timeline for your kitchen remodel

scrappy25
14 years ago

I'd like to hear how actual timelines went for a completed or nearly completed kitchen remodel, starting from the first $500 that you spent (you can indicate how long before that you were thinking of it) to where you consider it "95% finished". Obviously not all the categories below apply.

i.e.

Repaint, minor (replace cabinets with same layout), or major (complete redesign)

Approx dimensions

Planning/designing

Contracting phase (if applicable)

Cabinets and trim

Appliance installation

Electrical

Plumbing

Countertops

Flooring

Backsplash

Painting

For myself, I can post about my basement kitchenette, but I am haunting these forum planning for my "real" kitchen remodel (still in the thinking stage).

New construction as part of whole basement project

Size- about 11 x 7 feet with a pantry and counter tucked under the stairs (not included in above footage).

Ikea cabinets- Planning- about two weeks' worth of several hours each evening thinking about the layout, fitting cabinets around ductwork, and stairs. Ikeafans people were a big help.

2 hours to buy cabinets, I had them delivered for $125.

8 hours to build the flat pack cabinets (diy)

2 days with contractor to install cabinets, appliances, sink, counter, trim.

Plumbing and electric took several visits each for various inspections and work.

2 days work of tilework for the kitchenette and bathroom floor.

Several hours of painting.

Trips to Lowes and Home depot to get the dishwasher, microwave, tile. Trips to Ikea for the stainless backsplash and accessories.

Now this kitchenette, next to the full bath in the basement, has been taken over by my husband! He uses the counter beside the pantry as his "landing site/recharging station" and has a laundry bag under the counter- it is his "sanctum sanctorium" where he can get ready in the morning and evenings in peace. My sister bought us an automatic espresso machine that lives there also. Yesterday he commented that the kitchenette and bath have "added years to my life."

I'll be leaving on vacation but will be interested in following this thread if I have internet access.

Comments (12)