SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kaysd_gw

OT: 3 panel or 5 panel doors for baths and closets

kaysd
11 years ago

We are remodeling the master bedroom and bathroom and a few closets along with our kitchen. I am having a hard time choosing a door style to use for the sliding doors for the closets and the pocket doors for the bath (the doors into all of the bedrooms are painted slabs, which we will likely switch out to match the new style later). Our house is a 1960 ranch and we are going "soft modern" with the kitchen (walnut flat panel cabinets and white quartzite counters).

The doors will be Shaker recessed panel with square sticking; I just can't decide between 3 panels and 5 because I like both looks. The doors will be MDF painted Dunn Edwards "Foggy Day" to match the trim. The trim has a 3-step profile like this (in a friend's house):

My daughter's closet will have 3 sliding doors on a triple track. The center door will be a shaker single lite with a mirror in the recessed panel and the 2 outer doors will be painted 3 or 5 panel doors. The 2 hall closets will be 3 painted doors on a triple track. The bathroom doors will be painted 3 or 5 panel doors, possibly with laminated or acid etched glass in the recessed panels.

Do you think 3 panel or 5 panel doors would look better given my house style and trim?

Modern Closet design by Other Metros Media And Blogs Adrienne DeRosa

Contemporary Kitchen design by Portland Architect Alan Mascord Design Associates Inc

Contemporary Bedroom design by Chicago Architect Searl Lamaster Howe Architects

Contemporary Closet design by Miami Interior Designer Fister Design

Comments (13)