SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jen4268

Anyone have pictures of their 6 inch pulls?

jen4268
15 years ago

Hi- I just ordered 6 inch pulls from restoration hardware, but now I am having second thoughts on the size and whether 4 inch is a better look. If anyone has 6 inch pulls on their cabinets and would not mind posting a picture, I would be grateful.

Comments (18)

• jen4268
    Original Author
    15 years ago

bumping- any pics are appreciated!

• rmkitchen
    15 years ago

Well, I have a 5" pull (all the bin pulls are 4", for comparison purposes) -- I know not exactly what you're looking for, but close. ???

For what it's worth, the 5" pull is v. comfortable.

it's the horizontal pull

• Related Discussions

Does anyone have any pictures showing WT pulled to one side?

Q

Comments (5)
    If you want to share pictures you need to upload your photos to a site that supports photo sharing, like photobucket.com Then in photobucket you cut and paste the HTML code in the text of your message. When you do a preview you should see your photo.
    ...See More

Does anyone have a 1 inch by 3 inch brick backsplash?

Q

Comments (1)
    You could check out the Susan Jablon website. She sell 1x3 glass subways. In the tile gallery there are a number of 1x3 tile backsplashes. Hope this helps, Petra Here is a link that might be useful: Susan Jablon Mosaics Gallery
    ...See More

Anyone need nickel, 3 inch cup pulls?

Q

Comments (5)
    They aren't shiny like chrome and while you can see "brushed" marks they don't have a typical brushed nickel look to them, they aren't that "dull" looking (not dull in a bad way, just not shiny lol) I looked at them again and the one not in the package (but wrapped in plastic) has some scratches on the face of it.
    ...See More

Anyone have a 3 to 6 inch tall tile backsplash to show?

Q

Comments (3)
    JayJay and Bill, THanks for the photos. It helps me think it through! It's hard to imagine mixing sizes, and these photos really help! JayJay--My husband really likes your look, and so do I. I like the mix of 4 by 4 and 1 inch. And those ceramic 1 inch tiles are superb. I might have to save up my $ for a while to afford Sonoma, which I have drooled over in the store. we have champagne taste on a Home Depot budget. On the other hand, hubs just found some granite tiles for under the woodstove (it's VT) for $1 each!! Yay for us! Spent 2 hrs hanging one cabinet last night. Inch by inch...
    ...See More
  • jen4268
    Original Author
    15 years ago

rmkitchen- thanks so much for your response! Your kitchen is what convinced me to use the glass knobs, as I will have very similar cabinets.

Here is a picture of the pull I am thinking of using-

I was leaning towards the 6 inch pull, as I think a long pull would look nice. But of course, now I am second guessing myself and I was hoping to see a few actual installs to help me visualize.

If I used a 6 inch pull, I would probably only use one size on all drawers, even the longer ones. If I used 4 inch I would use two on the longer drawers.

Of course, there is an 8 inch option just to confuse me even more.....

• mabnola
    15 years ago

If I can figure out how to post a pic, I will do so. I just put 6" ORB pulls on all of my drawers. (long, short, deep, shallow) They look fantastic! I was also a bit concerned... one pull or two, but I figured that I would be pulling on one pull and possibly mess up the drawers over time. I found that when going from 6 to 8 inches, the price increases exponentially!! I got mine from myknobs.com. Great quality.

• sw_in_austin
    15 years ago

I just ordered 6-inch and 4-inch pulls from RH (the style is Aubrey, I think). I'm planning to use one 6-inch on all drawers (my largest drawer is 30", smallest is 15") and the 4-inch on doors. I've stuck samples of both 6- and 4-inch up on doors and drawers and I think it will work but I'm second guessing myself too (I only have one of each size so it's a bit hard to tell what the overall look will be).

I'll get the pulls in a few days and could post pics then (at least of them taped in place).

• jen4268
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks sw_in_austin- It seems we all go through the same painful decision process! My cabinet guy just called and they are delivering today!! (they are over 3 weeks late). So, I will run by and get a 4 in and 6 in and post some pictures for feedback.

• rmkitchen
    15 years ago

First, jen4268, congratulations on the arrival of your cabinets! I am so excited for you.

I'm also so flattered you like our use of the glass knobs. I love love love them, and I am really excited about seeing your kitchen (all of it!).

Well, this has been our real-world experience: the 4" pulls (two of them) look GREAT, but you pretty much have to use both of them. I mean, I know you don't have to use both pulls, that one pull can open the drawer, but, as mabnola wrote, I'm just worried about long-term stress on just one side of the drawer. And, in just this thread, there are the two of us (mabnola and me) who feel this way, so you might want to let that inform your decision. I'm just thinking of how easy it would be to just pull from the center of the drawer ....

PLUS, if you use two 4" pulls per drawer that also increases the price.

So I'm talking out of both sides of my mouth: looking around our kitchen I really do love the way the two 4" bin pulls per drawer look. However, I think we could have had an equally beautiful kitchen using different, larger pulls in the center of the drawers. And your pulls are really pretty and will feel good in the hand.

I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures of the 4" and 6" pulls, unless one screams out at you "I'M IT!" But I'm still looking forward to your pictures.

• jen4268
    Original Author
    15 years ago

rmkitchen- I promise pictures! However, they only installed the cabinets and did not bring the doors today, they will come tomorrow... so close :).

I need to go look at your kitchen pictures again because RH is OUT of the 1 1/4 inch glass knobs until the end of July- I think I remember from another post that you used the 1 inch?

My cabinet doors are really tall so I am afraid that the 1 inch glass knobs will look to small, but I got one to try out so you can comment on that too-

• rmkitchen
    15 years ago

I hate to be a killjoy and I am seriously making a face as I type this (because I hate to tell you) but ours are the 1.25" knobs. Maybe the 1" knobs will look perfect -- that would be ideal. But I have a sneaking suspicion you're right -- that with tall cabinets the 1" will not be right.

Oh no wait -- what about mrslimestone's kitchen? I want to say she has the 1" RH glass knobs .... Hmm.

• jen4268
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Darn, and yours look like what I want. I would prefer to wait for the right knob then be unhappy with the wrong one. However, I am going to put them up to the doors tomorrow ( I have one in each size) and I will post the pictures to see what looks good.

I took a quick look at mrslimestone's kitchen and they look larger.....but I will look through a few threads to see.

• jen4268
    Original Author
    15 years ago

What do you think of this glass knob as an alternative? These are1 1/4 and in stock at Top Drawer Hardware in polished nickel, at about the same price.

• rmkitchen
    15 years ago

I think those knobs looks beautiful!

The link I sent for mrslimestone's kitchen is a dud in that she doesn't mention the size of her pulls ... but I think you're right. Looking at them again they do appear to be the bigger size.

I'd say "shoot" but I think with the knob you found at Top Drawer Hardware you'll be great!

Thanks for the update -- I'm having fun following you!

• jen4268
    Original Author
    15 years ago

rmkitchen- thanks for all of the support. Here are a few pictures of the kitchen after two days of cabinet install- obviously a lot left to do but it is a start! We began the project back in February, so it is both with relief and a lot of anxiety that I am feeling at this stage.

Anyway, here is a picture of the window wall-

and of the hutch wall

and here is a picture of the 6 inch pull

and one of the larger 1 1/4 knob. The one inch way waaayyy too small

and here is a shot of my counter, antiqued nordic black, and the backsplash I am thinking of using in the hutch area.

and a picture of the desk area where I am thinking of using the same cup pulls that you did, just to change it up a bit. But I am not sure...

I think the 6 inch works, I kind of like the look of a longer pull.

• amysrq
    15 years ago

Just a heads up...if you want the 8" pulls from Resto, they are being discontinued. Most styles in the 8" size are available at a reduced price and supplies of the one I wanted were very limited. I did get in under the wire though...20 on the way as we speak.

Here is my "old" kitchen. (closed on the house last week) The pulls were 6" plus a little. Style is vastly different from yours, but I thought it might help...

• jen4268
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yikes, thanks amysrg! I do think I want to use a few on my 30" drawers. I will go ahead and order them as I can always return them if they don't work out.

• mustbnuts zone 9 sunset 9
    15 years ago

Jen, your kitchen is gorgeous! I love your cabinets! I also love the pulls and the knobs you chose. They are perfect with it. Can't wait to see it complete.

• rmkitchen
    15 years ago

Can you hear the gasps from here? Your kitchen is WOW! You have done a stellar job and clearly you don't need our help -- your taste is amazing. Amazing.

I keep scrolling back up to look at your photos.

Even though I just wrote you don't need our help I'll still say:

-Yes, I absolutely agree with you about the 6" pulls. They look beautiful with your cabinetry (they make perfect sense, like peanut butter and jelly!) -- they're elegant and "fit" the frame of your drawer, both in terms of aesthetics and function. I think you'll really appreciate having the pulls for your drawers centered; that's a comfort thing. But in terms of how it looks, I wrote it before and I'll write it again: WOW!

-The glass knobs looks perfect, and I'm so excited you found the other source for the 1.25" knob!

-Your countertop and backsplash materials are fabulous. Thank you so much for including a photo of them so we can all see your vision. You are doing great!

-About the cup pulls: I think once everything is in place (and by this I mean the cabinets / appliances in) your gifted eye will tell you if, given the layout of your room, the cup pulls will make sense. I happen to love the idea to, as you wrote, change it up a bit. That cabinetry serves a different function and will have different things on it (meaning: not food prep), so I think to the eye having different pulls will make sense. Would you do them in the polished nickel as well?

Speaking of polished nickel, I want to tell you how easy it is to keep clean. I know there have been other posts talking about it's better to get brushed nickel because it won't show the fingerprints, etc. Well, I have two toddlers under age four, plus my husband and I are a bit messy as well (ahem), and you have to really, really look for the smudges / fingerprints. Honestly, the polished nickel does NOT show everything -- actually, hardly anything! The only times I've actually wiped them down is when I've taken photos of something in the kitchen for here on GW, and that's always been a preventive, just in case the peanut butter hands show up in the photos ....

I am so relieved I went with the polished nickel because I think it makes the room sing.

Your kitchen is beautiful! Thank you so much, jen, for the pictures. Loved seeing them. Loved them!

• jen4268
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for the encouragement! I actually had a panic attack last night when the cabinets were in, thinking I had made mistakes, what had a done etc. Luckily since I been gaining most of my good info from this forum, I knew that it was normal and drank a glass of wine!

I feel much better today and ready to take one new decisions. So, 6 inch pulls with the 1 1/4 inch glass knobs and maybe cup pulls. I will go try those out this weekend.

I will start a new thread and post some pictures when a little more is done to share with all of those who have helped me so much. Thanks again!!!

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH