SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cindy103d

Need layout help - DH won't provide input

Cindy103d
10 years ago

Please help me with layout review before the order goes in. Can't get DH to even look at it, although he gets to help with the installation so you'd think he'd be interested!

Two cooks in narrow U shaped kitchen. One of us preps/washes dishes while the other stands at the stove. We cannot move the fridge alcove (plumbing access) and cannot move the windows. Really want to leave the sink and stove where they are since we can cook, wash dishes and prep with a great view.

We're using RTA Conestoga cabinets, so don't have a KD to bounce ideas off of. Friends are tired of hearing me talk about the kitchen layout and just want it done already.

The first photo shows the general layout, with the walls marked A-D, corresponding to the following wall-specific layouts.

Mostly looking for input on the wall marked D. The fridge will be recessed so it will "appear" to be counter depth. Next to it is a 24" deep pantry cabinet with the microwave sitting in the counter top cabinet, so we do have some depth change on that wall. The two right-hand wall cabinets will be lit and have opaque glass doors.

That is by far the longest row of cabinets in my kitchen. With the length of drawers on the bottom and fairly standard sized wall cabinets, is that wall going to look too institutional? If yes, what are your thoughts on how to break it up?

Thought about shelves, but don't really have any "stuff" that lends itself to display.

Comments (12)